Open to any who identify as male and aspire to an open heart.
This is a pilot for a regular ongoing CI Men’s Group. Please share your thoughts on this Survey!
These gatherings will be co-facilitated by Michael Hurd and CJ O’Reilly.
If you are interested in facilitating movement based men’s work, please fill out the Survey above and mark accordingly!
We seek to grow connection between fellow men in community through relating in conversation and movement. We will explore movement, men’s issues, boundaries and consent, and enjoy some awesome high flying physicality.
We will explore movement and stillness, words and silence, in combinations of individual, pair and group work with both structured and less/unstructured time.
Sharing, discussing and labbing around themes, topics and skills that commonly arise in dance (and life), for instance:
- co-creative community and connection
- our experiences of being male on and off the dance floor
- communicating around boundaries and consent verbally and non-verbally
- the play of receptivity and assertiveness in dance communication
- skills for etiquette and safety, eg. safe & fun weight sharing; skills for initiating, maintaining & ending dances
Dec. 19, 26, Jan 2 – 7:30pm-9:30pm
19 Zillicoa St Asheville NC 28801
Drop-ins welcome, pre-registration appreciated.
$50 ($30-75) for the 3 weeks
$10-20 for each week
None turned away for lack of funds.