In this four week series we’ll explore fundamental concepts, elements and skills of the Contact Improvisation (CI) form with the goal of creating familiarity and confidence in the form so dancers are empowered, aware of their choices relating to safety and comfort, and understand expressions of consent in the context of CI.
For all levels:
- Highly accessible to those completely new to CI.
- A rich exploration of material for the long time dancer.
General skills we will develop include:
- Moving from, tracking and awareness of a body’s center/core
- Our Relationship Gravity and the Floor
- Exploring Points of Contact between bodies
- Invitations and Taking Invitations to Lifts and Weight Share
- the Improvisational Mind
The series will stack, develop, and review skills throughout.
Early Bird Registration Ends Oct 10th
Sliding scale $50-150, Suggested $75
Availability of Drop-in Attendance will depend on space in the class, and previous experience with CI depending on the material covered in the class in question. If you are intersted in drop-in attendance, please contact CJ O’Reilly.
Oct. 17th – Nov. 14th